When you notice your partner snoring, you can ignore it for a while, but there comes a time when you have to do something. Type and search ‘snoring app for Android’, and you’ll see many results. Such an app can be used to convince your partner of their snoring or to figure out if you snore.
The primary feature of any Android snore app is recording your snore. All you need do is put the phone close to your head before sleep and turn on record. It’s better to isolate the room from outside noises (sleep in a separate room, close windows, switch off other devices that can produce additional sounds, etc.) to get a precise result. In the morning, you’ll find proof or not of your snoring.
Some Android apps can go beyond proving you snore, offer analytical data and be a tool for preventing sleep apnea. Know more about sleep apnea prevention here.
How do more complex snoring recording apps work
An interesting add-on feature to the anti-snoring app for Android you might come across is imitating the sound of the mosquito. It’s believed to make the snorer change their position during sleep and stop snoring, but this solution is only good for short-term results. Looking for a smart record snoring app, pay attention to those offering these extensions:
- Monitoring key sleep indicators. Snoring can significantly affect sleep quality. Checking the duration and depth of your sleep can help prevent further health issues.
- Providing snore stats. Apps that measure the severity and frequency of your snore can warn you of sleep apnea risks and be a guide to the correct therapy from a sleep specialist.
- Recommending lifestyle corrections. Sometimes changing a habit may suffice (give up smoking, eat less, exercise more). Mild to moderate snoring can be removed this way.
- Describe your post-sleep feelings. This is very helpful in identifying the first signs of sleep apnea. Not all snoring is dangerous, but the one which impairs your productivity during the day and prevents you from feeling refreshed in the morning can be dangerous.
- Expanded ECG analysis. Some apps can track your heartbeat’s electrical activity (by connecting additional sensors). Since snoring often impairs the work of a cardiovascular system, this feature can be handy.
Our snore app Goodsomnia Lab is ready to become a gatekeeper of your healthy sleep. It includes all the above features, is free, and you can find it on Play Market. If you want to monitor the progress of your treatment, try using the Premium version, which shows your snore stats in dynamics.
Remember when choosing a snoring recording app on Android they should be result-oriented. Don’t hesitate to use it as a home-based diagnosis tool and then share the data with your doctor.