Stopping snoring in a deep sleep is essential. Snoring is often due to the pharynx walls vibrating and can be a sign of sleep apnea. Muscles relax more than they should, so creating snoring sounds. Ageing can be a factor: the older the person, the more muscles relax.
How to stop snoring in your sleep? Some cases of snoring arise from the congenital narrowness of the pharynx; the causes of snoring include distortion of the nasal septum or the polyps in the nasal cavity. By removing these symptoms you can go to sleep without snoring and not disturb a loved one.
Effective treatment will allow you not to think about how to snore less while sleeping. Patients often ask doctors how to reduce snoring during sleep naturally. Most doctors diagnose snoring due to the relaxation of throat muscles (soft palate). Methods need to be focused on maintaining muscle tone, and Goodsomnia smart stop-snoring device is one such solution. Know more about this here.
How to sleep on your back without snoring and other solutions to stop snoring
If you want to know how to sleep and not to snore at night, try these tips:
- Sleep on the side. If you sleep on your back, your tongue and soft palate block the airways and you snore. It can also lead to obstructive sleep apnea. When sleeping on your side there is no vibration in the throat, oxygen is delivered adequately and you sleep more comfortably.
- Don’t drink alcohol before bed. Alcohol dehydrates the body, making the throat more vulnerable to snoring. Before bedtime, drink a glass of water.
- Take a hot bath or shower before bed. Snoring occurs as air can`t pass through the nasal passages. A shower opens the passages, makes breathing easier and solves the problem of how to stop snoring and talking in your sleep.
- An active lifestyle. Visit a swimming pool or gym to get your muscles toned and eliminiate excess weight.
- Clear your nasal passages. This is the deciding factor as to whether you snore or not. Stop snoring during sleeping is possible when your passages are clean.
- Change pillowcases and sheets at least once a week. This greatly reduces dust and allergen levels in your bedding, especially if you’re a pet owner.
- Quit smoking. Quitting habits such as smoking during an active lifestyle is important. Smoking negatively impacts lungs making breathing difficult.
- Keep your bedroom clean. Do a wet clean and maintain a proper level of humidity in the bedroom. You can also use a special air humidifier. It is the easiest way to make someone stop snoring while sleeping.
How to get someone to stop snoring
These tips will help you reduce or prevent snoring while sleeping on your back. Share this information with relatives if you don`t know how to stop someone snoring while they are sleeping. Changing sleeping positions or reviewing your lifestyle are enough, but snoring can be a sign of serious health problems so consult a doctor for effective treatment.
There are modern alternatives for snoring analysis and diagnostics. Some mobile applications record your snoring sounds and show you when you snore, how often, how loud. Share this report with your doctor for a better diagnosis and what you need to do to stop snoring at night while sleeping.