Peaceful slumber, a clear mind and a good mood fade rapidly as soon as you or your partner begin snoring. It’s highly recommended snorers seek out medical advice to solve the core problem, but many just don’t bother.
An alternative is looking up home remedies for snoring. These can help speed up the recovery process, wipe out snoring and provide better quality sleep. Take a look at some of the solutions and choose a home snore remedy which you may find enjoyable:
- Skimp on alcohol. Don’t be taken in by a cliché that alcohol helps you relax and reduces stress before bedtime. It does, but it also makes your throat muscles relax, which leads to vibration in your airways, a.k.a snoring. Read more here.
- Lose weight. Overweight people are more likely to snore because of having bigger throat tissues. Decreasing calorie intake is one of the most beneficial home remedies for snoring and also contributes to your overall health and appearance.
- Bail on smoking. It tends to irritate the airways, causing swelling and inflammation in your throat. If you’re a smoker, try to reduce your cigarette habit gradually as quitting can take time.
These tips show that giving up bad habits is the best way to stop snoring. Others include:
- Treat allergies. Chronic allergies block and irritate nasal passages as you sleep. Even if you suffer from seasonal allergies, try to avoid direct contact with allergens.
- Organize your sleep routine. Fixed hours of sleep, no staying up late, favorable environment (adjust the light, limit noise, fresh air, clean bedsheets, etc.), no heavy meals before sleep are crucial at-home remedies for snoring.
Home remedies during sleep
As you’ve learned how to stop snoring while being active, take into account home remedies for snoring while sleeping:
- Sleep on your side. Sleeping on your back makes it harder for the air to flow through the nasal passages, causing your tongue to collapse.
- Take an extra pillow. Elevating your head a little can keep your airways open.
- Use nasal strips. This is a snoring home remedy that workssimilarly as raising your head. Nasal strips placed on the bridge of the nose will help keep nasal passages open.
In times of lockdown due to COVID-19, home snoring remedies during sleep were never as helpful as now. One new innovative solution will be the Goodsomnia stop-snoring device which stimulates the muscles of the soft palate and prevents them from collapsing during sleep. So pick the best home remedies for snoring that fit your routine, stay home and stay safe with Goodsomnia Lab!